Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thursday- Thanksgiving morning

Just thought I'd write a line or two while Clemente gets ready for the day (trying to figure out how many layers of clothes to wear). We are off to Dachau concentration camp this morning, then a couple museums for the afternoon. We will probably end up this evening at the Tollwood Winter Market at the Oktoberfest grounds, about 8 blocks from the hotel. It sounds more like a county fair than a Xmas market and is free (my favorite word).

Couple observations- food is very good but I'm not seeing the beer/pretzels/sausages like I thought I would. They make it sound like that is all the city has. There are more middle Eastern people around this neighborhood- I believe Turkish- so food is good. Very few people are on cell phones. Kids are better behaved (except for those obnoxious American kids from the other day). Everyone has been communicable with most speaking enough English but if they only know a couple words, you get the message and they don't get upset. Our tv only has one English channel and it is MTV or something like that so we don't spend time watching that. They have great desserts/breads everywhere.

Well breakfast is calling so must go fill my belly for the day- several meats, cheeses, fresh breads, about a dozen fresh jams, Nutella, boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, deviled eggs, eggplant, sundried tomatoes, tomatos, mozzarella, musli, yogurts, coffee, juice, teas, croissants, etc. OH, now I am hungry! Later!

No comments: